Need Help? Submit request for call-back service with a free consultancy
By submitting this form you acknowledge that you have provided the correct information and mobile number to receive availability confirmation.
Best Hospital for Deep Brain Stimulation
Brain tumor treatment may include surgery, radiation therapy or other alternative treatments. A combination of treatments can also be used to treat the patient. Depending on whether the tumor is cancerous or noncancerous, the treatment form may also include a few cycles of chemotherapy before or after surgery or as a standalone treatment.
There are a lot of factors that dictate which treatment modality can be used to treat brain tumor patients. A customized plan is prepared on the basis of the clinical status of the patient and several other factors, including the following:
- Location, size, and type of tumor
- Age of the patient
- Symptoms of the patient
- Biopsy results
- Other underlying medical condition or comorbidities
Surgery is the usual form of treatment for brain tumor patients. However, other treatment forms such as Cyberknife, Gamma knife, brachytherapy or brain mapping can also be used, depending on the status of the patient. Brain tumor treatment costs, therefore, may vary on the factors listed above and depending on what is the best approach for the patient.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Brain Tumor Treatment
The following factors affect brain tumor treatment cost:
- Mode of treatment
- Number of radiotherapy sessions or chemotherapy cycles required
- Experience of the specialists
- The requirement for and duration of hospital stay
- Duration of ICU stay (if required)
- Cost of drugs and consumables
- The general health of the patient
- Management of side effects of treatment
- Management of underlying medical conditions